With the fine weather we’ve been having of late, these kiln smoked mackerel and pickled beetroot canapés made with 2 Fingers Original Chunky Tartare Sauce will be sure to hit the mark.
If you can get your hands (or should we say fingers!) on some freshly grated horseradish, this will add an extra dimension to the flavour profile, complementing the beetroot and mackerel.
Paired with a cheeky glass of Viognier or Pinot Grigio they work really well as a pre-supper nibble.
1 Smoked Mackerel Fillet (flaked)
1 Hard Boiled Egg (peeled & diced)
1 Tbsp. Fresh Horseradish (grated) (optional)
1 Tbsp. Chunky Tartare Sauce
1 Pickled Beetroot
2 Sliced Granary Bread
Sprigs of parsley to garnish
1) Using a cookie cutter, cut out circles from the bread, discarding the crusts.
2) Toast the bread and put aside.
3) In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except the beetroot and parsley springs.
4) Assemble the canapés by adding the mackerel mixture on top of the toasted bread.
5) Top with pickled beetroot with a parsley sprig and devour!